In addition to offering patients one-on-one therapy, we also recommend Group Therapy as an effective means of recovery for people with various psychological and psychiatric conditions.
Benefits of Group Therapy
Some of the main benefits of group therapies are:
- Not Alone – One of the biggest realizations that people commonly come to when participating in group therapy is that they are not alone. This can go a long way in helping individuals understand their difficulties and effectively work toward managing them better in day-to-day life.
- Skills Development – Group therapy helps participants acquire practical skills that improve their everyday functioning.
- Support – Part of the healing process is identifying and sharing feelings with other people who empathise. In addition to friends, family, and health professionals, patients can get support from others going through similar issues. Research shows group therapy is highly effective for recovery from poor mental health.
Group Therapies We Offer in London
We offer a number of effective, evidence-based treatments in group settings at The London Psychiatry Centre from time to time. These include:
- Barcelona Education Groups for bipolar disorder – which was found to halve relapse rates up to 5 years after a 21 session intervention
- Support groups for ADHD, mood disorders, anxiety disorders and IVF
- Stress management
- Problem solving skills
- Mindfulness groups for mood disorders – which were found to improve prognosis of resistant and chronic mood disorder
Our group therapies are usually facilitated by an experienced Psychiatrist and a skilled Psychotherapist / Psychologist.
For more information regarding the schedule of these group therapies, please contact us. Our team of health professionals will make sure you have all the resources you need to make an informed decision.