Here at The London Psychiatry Centre we pioneer innovative, cutting-edge and evidence-based treatments for our patients. Our consultants are leaders in the field; they regularly present posters at key events and are published in scientific publications. Below you will find a collection of these publications and posters.
- Towards the first biomarker test for bipolar spectrum disorder: An evaluation of 199 patients in an outpatient setting
Andy Zamar, Asha Mohamed, Abbi Lulsegged, Daniel Stahl, Christos Kouimtsidis. Special issue: “Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine in Psychiatry: From Basic Research to Clinical Practice”, Journal of Personalized Medicine, 2023.
- High dose Levothyroxine in combination with transcranial magnetic stimulation for the treatment of severe resistant subthreshold rapid cycling bipolar disorder; A case report
Andy Zamar, Ashma Mohamed, Christos Kouimtsidis. 2022, Annals of Psychiatry and Treatment.
- A new treatment protocol of combined high-dose levothyroxine and repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for the treatment of rapid-cycling bipolar spectrum disorders: A cohort evaluation of 55 patients
Antonis Zamar, Christos Kouimtsidis, Abbi Lulsegged, Robin Roberts, Theodoros Koutsomitros, Daniel Stahl. 2022, Special Issue “Advances in Clinical Management of Bipolar Disorder”, Journal of Clinical Medicine.
- A new approach for the treatment of subthreshold bipolar disorders: Targeted high dose levothyroxine and repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for mitochondrial treatment
Andy Zamar, Abbi Lulsegged, Christos Kouimtsidis. 2022, Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- A Different rTMS protocol for a different type of depression: 20.000 rTMS pulses for the treatment of bipolar depression type II
Theodoros Koutsomitros, Kenneth T. van der Zee, Olympia Evagorou, Teresa Schuhmann, Antonis Zamar, Alexander T. Sack. 2022, Special Issue “Advances in Clinical Management of Bipolar Disorder”, Journal of Clinical Medicine.
- Advances in transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and its applications in resistant depression.
Theodoros Koutsomitros, Olympia Evagorou, Teresa Schuhmann, Antonis Zamar, Alexander T. Sack. 2021, Volume 23, Quarterly Journal of the Hellenic Psychiatric Association.
- High-dose levothyroxine for bipolar disorder; the potential role of thyroid function and genetic tests. Report from twenty cases.
Dr Andy Zamar, Dr Robin Roberts, Alexander Bedu-Addo, Dr Abbi Lulsegged, Dr Christos Kouimtsidis. 2021, International Journal of Psychiatry Research.
- Vibrator‐assisted start-stop exercises improve premature ejaculation symptoms: A randomized controlled trial.
Daniel Ventus, Annika Gunst, Stefan Arver, Cecilia Dhejne, Katarina G. Öberg, Elin Zamore‐Söderström, Antti Kärnä, Patrick Jern. 2020, Archives of Sexual Behavior.
- Structured Preparation for Detoxification from Alcohol (SPADe); A pre-habilitation approach for the treatment of alcohol dependence.
Dr Christos Kouimtsidis and the SPADe trial group. 2020.
- High dose levothyroxine (HDL) combined with repetitive trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) in rapid cycling bipolar disorder (RCBPD): Is it primarily thyroid disease? A retrospective analysis of remitters.
Dr Abbi Lulsegged, Mr Alexander Bedu-Addo and Dr Andy Zamar. 2018, The International Congress of Endocrinology.
- High dose levothyroxine combined with repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for bipolar disorder with DIO2 gene polymorphisms.
Andy Zamar and Abbi Lulsegged. 2018, poster presented at SfE BES 2018 (Society for Endocrinology).
- High-dose levothyroxine for the management of bipolar affective disorder: Two case reports.
Andy Zamar, Gurvinder Warrya and Christos Kouimtsidis. 2017, Journal of The Royal Society of Medicine Open.
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation: Beyond the treatment of depression.
Rafael Euba. 7 August 2017, Future Neurology.
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for the treatment of resistant depression. Results from the treatment cohort attending The London Psychiatry Centre.
Irina Panihhidina, Rafael Euba, Andy Zamar and Christos Kouimtsidis. 2017, poster presented at Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Treatment-resistant depression: Experience of the first repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation clinic in the UK.
Rafael Euba, Irina Panihhidina & Andy Zamar. 8 May 2015, Future Medicine.